Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Seasonal Changes

 Waiting for summers, yet it is so hot.
Cousins get together whenever we want.

Playing nonstop as exams are over,
Fighting for who will fill water in Cooler,
Unlimited glasses of Rasna at our disposal.

The excitement to sleep at Terrace for the feel of cold breeze,
I think I still prefer that, over an A.C. Sneeze.

That Kulfi guy with a pot covered with red cloth that rings bell
how we rush to him without bothering who fell

It wasn't the irritation when the electricity goes off,
But the joy to meet all right when it’s the time to doze off.

To reach home before it goes dark
Seeing Goldspot in the refrigerator gets us that spark.

Reading newspaper every morning in the lawn
Plucking Raw Mangoes before dawn

I miss my Summer Vacations.
The heat must have been harsh back then too
but it’s today that I feel it most.

No comments: