Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Realizations...

Too start with a cliche-Small things give big you happiness but when you are surrounded with all kind of happiness, small never remains that small!

It’s after staying alone & commuting for hours in local transport that I developed this habit of ‘pondering’.

Thinking over the fights that daily happens either in bus or train, over issues which never require raised voices makes me remind of the days when I fought with my friends, and simultaneously makes me realize fighting is so simple & resolving equally difficult.

When a man in his 40’s get off his car in the mid of a jam to control the traffic singlehandedly makes me realize that not everyone in this country just sits and blame.

When a woman standing next to me in bus shifts herself to give me a comfort zone were no man can by mistake lean on me, makes me realize how my parents protected me in 22 years without letting me know.

When a roadside hawker calmly gives some free sandwiches to every passing cop, makes me realize of how patience comes by position.

When a father of a kindergarten student participates in racing competition to see his kid feeling proud makes me realize of the times when they still feel proud in spite of me feeding them in an old age home.

When I compliment my maid for the ‘gajraa’ she wears, makes me realize how a compliment makes someone’s feel elatated for the whole day.

When my mother waits outside the gate, on the day of my arrival in spite of knowing that the train is late, it’s then when I realize no one else can do that anymore, & that is how I label curiosity and unconditional love.

When small things make me realize that I wish I couldn’t have done that, I start questioning now, what earlier I use to assume, but If I would have questioned before, I wouldn’t have realized to explore assumptions.

Though these things aren’t something new or bizarre, but we tend to realize them pretty late in life and especially when we are left with no options. May be I am realizing it today because I get that time to observe the world and admire the beauty, and I find myself lost & blank.
There is a phase when you are surrounded with people & you struggle hard to figure out your identity but I find this ironical that you are alone now yet struggling to figure out your identity.

There is a slight difference between realizing expecting & accepting where realizing grades the highest.

2 comments:

MJ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MJ said...

hey,
A good read ..
just happened through ur blog ..
didnt read everythin though ..
keep bloggin anywys :)